So, it’s been a few weeks since the A to Z Blogging Challenge and at first, it was strange to take a break from blogging everyday. I had gotten used to the routine of drafting a post, waking up each day to take a final look at the draft and then publishing it online.
This year though, instead of mainly doing a posting blitz in April, I’d like to be a little more consistent on this blog and try to post more (ideally twice a month), instead of just sporadically posting a handful of times a year.
Though this blog is reserved primarily for posts related to my writing efforts, I decided to mix things up, do this quiz and post my answers here. Yeah, I’m a rebel like that! Anyway, I came across this quiz from The Sound of One Hand Typing, which he got from another blog as well. Like he said, it looked like fun and anyone else who wants to give it a try, go ahead!
Think about your SENIOR year in High School. The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
Before I start, I’d like to clarify that in Malaysia, we don’t go to high schools, rather, we have secondary schools which we start at 13 years old as we enter Form 1, and leave at 17 years old, at Form 5. Some students (like me) continue in secondary school for two more years in Form 6 Lower and then Form 6 Upper. But for the sake of this quiz, I’ll respond from the perspective of my 17 year old self in Form 5.
- Did you know your current significant other? Nope.
- Make and year of car? I got my license at 18 years old but I didn’t start driving until I was in my 20s.
- What kind of job? I didn’t have one though I interviewed for a job as a server at TGIF.
- Where did you live? In Petaling Jaya, approximately a 5-minute walk from my secondary school.
- Were you popular? I don’t think so, and I still believe that.
- Were you in choir? Nope.
- Ever get suspended from school? Also nope.
- If you could, would you go back? If by going back means going back in time to redo some stuff, then maybe.
- Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? We didn’t have prom, so I guess no?
- Did you skip school? Never.
- Go to all the football games? We didn’t have football games. We did have an annual Sports Day though and I went to all those.
- Favourite subject? Mathematics.
- Do you still have your yearbooks? Yes, I’m a hoarder.
- Did you follow the career path you planned? No. I wanted to be a journalist but somehow, well, life.
- Did you have a class ring? We didn’t have class rings.
- Still close with your best friend? We’ve drifted apart and we only connect on our birthdays each year.
- Who was your favourite teacher? I didn’t have one.
- What was your style? We had uniforms in secondary school, I wore a pinafore.
- Favourite shoes? I can’t remember having any favourite pair of shoes during that time because along with our school uniform, we had mandatory school shoes too.
- Favourite music? Janet Jackson and Debbie Gibson are some of the artists I remember listening to a lot at the time.
High schoolSecondary school hair? I had long hair, nearly to my waist. In school, I normally had it up in a ponytail, which was the easiest way to manage it.
- What kind of cologne/ perfume? None.
- How old when graduated? 17.
- Did you play a sport? Yep, I did track and also played netball.