Technically, it’s Day 16 here but I’m sure it’s still Day 15 somewhere ;P
I was sick over the weekend and didn’t have the energy to power up my laptop and blog. So, when I finally dragged myself out of my bed to attempt to post for #BEDM Day 14, I saw a comment from Glenn of the infamous Roamin’ Gnomials that he’d nominated me for a Liebster Award! I felt better and nervous (who knows why) nearly immediately 😀
I had been nominated twice for this award previously during my “I have no time and don’t know what to blog about” days, I’d missed the nominations by my fellow bloggers. Third time’s the charm I say and I’m happy to accept the nomination this time around. Thank you Roamin’ Gnomials!
My 11 Answers to the 11 Difficult Questions from the Roamin’ Gnomial:
Do you hate me now for nominating you? Yes.
If you could live anywhere in the universe (assuming food and air supply), where would it be? In the Mariana Trench. Only if there’s no megalodons sighted there. I hate megalodons, they take up so much space!
Explain why your favourite colour is your favourite colour. My favourite colour is everyone’s least favourite colour and that’s why it’s my favourite colour 🙂
Have you ever hated something you wrote and wished you hadn’t post it? Every single darn time.
Do you ever get depressed by the prospect of a meatless meal? Not yet.
How do you feel about gnomes? I think their outfits could use an update and I’d also like to know how they can afford to travel around the world.
Why do you blog? If I didn’t, I’d go insane because there’s so much inner dialogue going on that I need an outlet.
Cats or dogs? Cats and dogs.
Does your real-life persona come across in your writing? I’m more me when I write than I am in person.
Coffee or tea? Mostly tea these days. I’m a recovering java-holic.
What’s the deal with these people and the number 11? I have absolutely no idea but I did stumble across this article – 11 Lobster Facts That Will Leave You Shell-Shocked.
11 Random Facts about Me (An addendum to the 10 random facts about me that you can find here):
- I met my oldest friend when we were 5 years old in kindergarten.
- When I was 12, I spelled the word ‘temperature’ as ‘temprature’ and got a 98 in English.
- I learnt to dive to overcome my fear of fish swimming beside me. I’m still afraid of fish swimming beside me.
- I like odd numbers more than even numbers.
- I made my younger brother cry because I laughed hysterically when he came back from school with his exam paper that showed that he spelled ‘banana’ as ‘banani’.
- I sleep with a blunt hunting knife in my bedside table.
- I love reading celebrity gossip blogs.
- I went on a blind date once and when it ended, called him by the wrong name.
- I love Halloween and fall, although we don’t have fall here.
- I have turned down invitations to meet friends because it would interrupt my reading time.
- I make an awesome roast chicken.
The 5 Blogs I’m Nominating:
- Herding Cats & Burning Soup
- Yamanashi Kei
- Stephanie Ingram
- Stumbling Into Adventure
- I Could Be Batman
My 11 Questions for the Nominees:
- Which superpower would you choose – being invisible or reading minds?
- What was the yuckiest thing you ever ate?
- Are you left-handed or right-handed?
- Have you ever gone to the movies alone?
- Name a skill that you wish you could learn if you had all the time and money in the world.
- Which would you prefer – more days in a week or more hours in a day?
- What mantra do you repeat to yourself when life gets a little too difficult to manage?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- What is your favourite drink?
- What kind of toppings do you hate on your pizza?
- How do you feel after answering all these questions?
Bear with me, I’m almost at the end!
Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5–11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, that have less than 1,000 followers.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer.